SeMA NANJI RESIDENCY (SNR) is artist residency operated by Seoul Museum of Art (SeMA). Founded in 2006, SNR aims to support artists from around the world over various fields of the visual arts. Located in the beautiful Worldcup Park along Seoul’s Han River, SNR is valued for providing artists a closer networking with both local and international communities through its strategic location of being near Seoul's most thriving art sector.
● Fields: Visual art, Curatorial research
No limitation on age, nationality (except for Korean citizens) or gender
1st period : January-March
2nd Period : May-July
3rd Period : September-November
Select a schedule among the following periods: January-March, May-July, September-November
(11 artists in total)
● Application Deadline: 2019 October 10th, 5pm (Korea local time)
● Application Period: 2019 September 16th 13:00 - October 10th 17:00
● PDF file(less than 10MB) including Statement of purpose, Portfolio, CV or resume, and a recommendation letter
*Please use the provided form and include all of these: Statement of purpose, Portfolio, CV or resume, and a recommendation letter
-Contact information (such as email and phone number) and the signature of the referee must be included in the letter of recommendation.
-The referee should be a person from an art, cultural, or related educational institution.
*Please download the portfolio form and application guide.
*Attach the letter of recommendation at the end of your portfolio.
*Please compile the contents into one PDF file. You can refer to attached sample file.
Final announcement of Successful Applicant
● Notification on successful applicants will be announced on the website and be sent by Email in the end of November
- Participating in SNR’s Programs including presentation
● Benefits for 2020 Residents
- Private Studio (22.5m2): bedding and an indoor sink
(Communal facilities: kitchen, shower rooms and laundry rooms)
- Residency Program for artists and curators in visual arts
- Airfare: The airfare will be partially reimbursed in Korean currency. (Asia - up to 700,000 KRW, Africa, America, Europe, Oceania - up to 1,200,000 KRW )
- Any activity fees are not provided
● Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is strongly recommended for any unexpected accident during your stay.
* The online application will be closed on 2019 October 10th, at 5pm(Korea local Time). As you may expect a rush of online traffic near the deadline, please submit your applications in advance.
* Please note that the application will not be accepted after the deadline.
* If you are using MAC OS and using Safari, you might not be able to download the files. Please try with Chrome in that case.
Address: SeMA NANJI RESIDENCY
108-1, Haneulgongwon-ro (481-6 Sangam-dong), MAPO-GU, SEOUL, 03900, KOREA